RE: "Thanks for coming in"

Subject: RE: "Thanks for coming in"
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 08 Sep 2003 21:20:26 GMT

Yes, I have. At least one person (usually the HR rep) has
said this to me during just about every interview I've taken
in the past 20 years or so. Having held three manager posts
in the past 12 years, I know there aren't any secret job
interview manuals that tell you to say it, so I think
it's just become ingrained in peoples' heads from their
having heard it so many times and is more a synonym for
"I've run out of things to ask or tell you" than anything
else.

Gene Kim-Eng