RE: "Thanks for coming in"

Subject: RE: "Thanks for coming in"
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 07:47:59 -0500

I suppose I never really noticed--even during the dreaded Spring of '03.
I have heard the phrase uttered during numerous job interviews in my 31
years on this rock, and to me I would simply say it is being courteous.
If I interview for a job that I am not going to get, I think I would
rather hear "Thanks for coming in" and the end of the interview rather
than "Don't let the door hit you on the <butt> on the way out."

Of course, the latter has it advantages too.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone

Verizon Airfone JetConnect (SM) now with email
Inflight e-mail, Instant Messaging, and more...