RE: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?

Subject: RE: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "'Mike O.'" <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:24:16 -0400

Mike...that's fine...and yes, you would produce a document with average
content, maybe even a document that someone would look at once in a while.

However, it wouldn't have any insight, anything NEW...it wouldn't have a
soul.

If I was hiring writers who wrote this way, why hire them when access to the
web is free, it doesn't only work between 8am and 8pm, and the average for
this type of book on BN might be $49...shoot...that's less than I'd pay for
one hour of your time.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

> John Posada wrote:
> > Tell me...if I came to you and asked you to write something
> involving
> > laser-induced fluorescence or frequencies of catalytic
> reactions, would
> your
> > eyes glaze over, or would you at least know how to start,
> where to go, and
> > what questions to ask?
>
> Sure I'd know where to start:
> 1. Google
> 2. A good textbook at the appropriate level. Available from, (uhhh..).
> bn.com, or maybe even on my own bookshelf.

**********************************
This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may be
CONFIDENTIAL,
PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE,
and (b) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If
you are not an
intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and take the steps
necessary to
delete the message completely from your computer system.

Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the Uniform
Electronic Transaction
Act or any other law of similar effect, absent an express statement to the
contrary,
this e-mail message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not
intended to represent
an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise
intended to bind
this sender, barnesandnoble.com llc, barnesandnoble.com inc. or any other
person or entity.