RE: RE: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?

Subject: RE: RE: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 09 Sep 2003 19:13:22 GMT

Biotech/biomed uses a tremendous amount of computing, from
the software that sequences DNA to the databases that manage
bioinformatics. The vast majority of MEs, EEs and SW
developers working on new instrumentation can't make any
sense at all of the information they're working to collect
and process, but they're SMEs in the mechanisms, circuits
and SW processes that make up *their* little corner of the
field.

Gene Kim-Eng