Word: Index in Master Document

Subject: Word: Index in Master Document
From: lawrence_landis -at- yahoo -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:07:01 -0600

As a test, I mocked up the contents of 3 Word docs. I had Word include the
chapter number with the page number in the footer of each.

I then made a master doc and included these 3 documents as subdocuments.

When I generated an index for the master document, instead of, say, "3-5",
I just get "5" (though the page numbers show chapter number and dash
separator in the individual chapter documents).

Has anyone run into this before, and if so, how did you handle it?

Feel free to reply directly off-list.

Thanks!

Larry Landis
Technical Writer
SecureAgent Software
larry -dot- landis -at- mail -dot- secureagent -dot- com
lawrence_landis -at- yahoo -dot- com