Snag-It FrameMaker plug-in

Subject: Snag-It FrameMaker plug-in
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 06:39:31 -0700 (PDT)

I just read the following from the latest "Dan Spam":

<<<"When you place SnagIt directly into your
FrameMaker menu with the SnagIt Plug-in for Adobe
FrameMaker, you can instantly insert screenshots from
within your application.
No more switching between programs - instead, you can
capture any image and embed it into your project with
just a click of the mouse.>>>

I am very surprised that SnagIt would include a
plug-in for FrameMaker that works AGAINST the ideal
FrameMaker workflow. Embedding graphics? No thank you.
Unless you absolutely have to embed in FrameMaker
(I've never EVER run into a situation where you needed
to), you should ALWAYS import them by reference to
prevent needless file bloat.

Anyone else find this strange?

Also, FWIW, I've heard that a similar SnagIt plug-in
hoses WWP for Word in the Word installation.

Don't get me wrong; SnagIt is a great screen capture
utility, but shouldn't it be in their best interest to
make sure it works optimally with the tools it
integrates with and the optimal workflows for those tools?

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com