RE: Translation control?

Subject: RE: Translation control?
From: "Lisa van Aswegen" <lisava -at- psitek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:40:19 +0200

Hi There,

Thanks for the information.

Just to let you in on the picture. I will have up to 6 languages to manage
translations for.

I have looked at a tool called GlobalLink - It's perfect as to what I need
to do - but hellishly expensive ($35 000)

It's not the actual translations that I need to manage - it's more the
actual process of the whole translation that is time consuming and having to
monitor all my files for changes, communicating to the translators, getting
the files to them, tracking projects and costs.

I have had a look at trados, but I don't want to get that close to the
actual tracking of words and spending time on doing those sorts of things.
Our translation company keeps TM (translation Memory) so all I need to do as
I mentioned previously is basically project manage the whole translation
process.

Lisa