Re: eHelp's "Mustang" FM ==> HTML conversion tool

Subject: Re: eHelp's "Mustang" FM ==> HTML conversion tool
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:32:00 -0700 (PDT)

> If you need to produce true
> cross-browser, cross-platform Help or the
> WebHelp/WebWorks Help variety,
> I think the task is substantially more complex -
> sufficiently so that a
> 3rd party tool is probably recommended in almost all
> cases.

Oh, agreed. I meant to mention that in my post. It's
all relative, really. 3rd party tools are there to
make people's work easier. If you have the time and
knowledge to roll your own solution, by all means do
so. But, if you're under pressure or need to do some
complex stuff, chances are you'll be better off going
with a tool that does it for you.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://shopping.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com