RE: ethical dilemma

Subject: RE: ethical dilemma
From: topsidefarm -at- mva -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:40:55 -0600

> "Since then, I have been paying
> attention to when she is out and how she is charging her time. Since
> June 12, 2003, she has been out 112 hours and charged that time to our
> regular charge number (and that number doesn't count the times she was
> out and charged the time correctly).
>
> So, the question is do I tell management what's going on?"
>

> Hi Annette,
>
> I am in a similar situation with my co-worker as well. My perception is is
> if the Management has not yet noticed and still hasnt mention something to
> her, then it is none of your business.

WRONG! This depends on the nature of your employer and what the company
policy is. If you are aware of such a violation of the rules, and do
nothing about it, you can be held responsible. And yes, it happens
everyday. While the issue of putting yourself in the spotlight is
something to be concerned about, the potential legal implications of this
are just too great to ignore.

>and if you are in a small or big > company, dont worry someone somewhere
has noticed this.
> /Grace

Maybe, maybe not! Without extensive, routine auditing, these things are
easy to overlook. Besides, remember the old anecdote about Anybody,
Everybody, Somebody, and Nobody?

Jason A. Czekalski

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com