Re: Ethical dilemma

Subject: Re: Ethical dilemma
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:22:08 -0700

Putting my manager cap on, the term for an employee who has knowledge
of another employee's theft from the company (which is what timesheet
falsification is) and does not report it is "accomplice," and if I learned
what was happening through some other channels, as their manager I'd
most likely be obligated to take action on them both. Annette needs to
read her employee handbook to determine what her potential vulnerability
is at her company.

It's one thing if you merely *suspect* someone is doing something wrong
and choose not to take the necessary steps to confirm your suspicions, but
once you've made the choice to look into it further and have determined
that there is in fact something wrong going on there is a good chance you
have made yourself liable if you don't act on it. It's quite possible that it's
too late in the game for "MYOB."

Gene Kim-Eng