Re: credibility

Subject: Re: credibility
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:03:54 -0700 (PDT)

> Goob, I must admit, I'm with Mark. Have you not
> worked
> at a place, current job or former (am thinking PT
> Cruiser here <g>) where you threatened some manager
> or
> other and/or your bonafide suggestions, no matter
> how
> well placed, and no matter how much experience,
> education, and training they were based on, got
> nowhere or got you a flogging?

Yes, from the manager (and no, I never threatened with
anything, only made suggestions that didn't jive with
the manager). Not from the manager's supervisors. In
fact, the manager was "flogged" by them every time the
manager "flogged" me (which didn't help my case any).

But, that was an extreme case of
super-psycho-moron-from-hell.

And, though I was inevitably laid off (for travel
reasons - I worked over 150 miles from my home), the
manager was immediately demoted and reassigned, and
soon after asked to leave (no compensation). And, when
the company began making money again, they hired a new
writer and began implementing my ideas (which I'd left
with a VP I was in good standing with).

And no, I wouldn't have taken the job back, as the
travel was killing my family life.

So yes, I'm by no means a shining perfect example, but
also, my ideas were eventually implemented. Sometimes
you will hit a barrier (in my case it was an obsessive
compulsive micromanaging backstabbing academic-minded
manager), and all might not go your way, but believe
me, though I had to find employment elsewhere, the
satisfaction of 1) knowing I was "right" and my ideas
are being put to good use, and 2) seeing how the
manager got everything deserved and more, really made
my month. I think I wore a non-stop smile for at least
a week after hearing the news.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://shopping.yahoo.com

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com