Re: Problem with Word Table

Subject: Re: Problem with Word Table
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:33:49 -0700

Rich de Vecchis wrote:

I have a long Word table that extends over multiple pages. For some reason,
the table is cut off on one page, as if a page break were placed right in
the middle of it. The table then continues on the next page as usual.
Normally I would go to the Normal view to see if I could spot a renegade
page break. There doesn't appear to be a page break, otherwise I could
select it and delete it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you mean the row starts on one page and continues on the next, with no missing text, you can adjust the table's properties to prevent that:

1. Place the insertion point anywhere in the row (or
select some or all rows in the table).

2. From the Table menu, choose Table Properties.

3. On the Row tab of the Table Properties dialog box,
disable the Allow Row To Break Across Pages option.

--David

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

HTML Indexer 4 includes fully integrated cross-references, target frames
and windows, multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries,
and more!

http://www.html-indexer.com/

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com