Re: Red pens? (was: what to do)

Subject: Re: Red pens? (was: what to do)
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:08:59 -0500

Of course Geoff is correct that editing in Word makes much more sense than editing with a pen; I was just reacting to Al's suggestion in case Wade took him literally.

University of Chicago Press always used green pens, both for author's queries and for redaction. This was back in the days of marked up typescript; I have no idea what they use now. It's just an anecdotal data point, for what it's worth (twice what you paid for it, no doubt).

As for non-repro blue being hard to photocopy, that's not something I've tested lately. It seems to me it has not been a problem for at least a couple of decades, but I could be misremembering that factoid.

Dick

Hart, Geoff wrote some stuff that I snipped ...

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com