Re: Red pens? (was: what to do)

Subject: Re: Red pens? (was: what to do)
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:08:26 -0800

Red, green, nonrepro-blue, purple, chartreuse just tossed out "red pens" because that's the color I use when I'm not using a pencil with a huge eraser. I also other colors depending on what is in my pen cup at the time. Like Geoff, I edit on the screen when I can because it's quicker. The real key to Wade's problem is the poor quality of writing from the engineering staff. My opinion is that you can vent to your boss, stomp around the office with a scowl on your face, send all the engineers to English 101 classes, ...or understand that this is the way it is going to be and deal with it. From someone who has been in that situation, I would suggest that Wade learn the idiosyncrasies of the individual engineers, develop a rapport with them and slog forward. The more you work with these people, the better you both get understanding each other's needs.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
From Concept to Completion

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com