Re: What to do?

Subject: Re: What to do?
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:58:38 -0500

Anameier, Christine A - Eagan, MN wrote:

Well, in that case, what are we arguing about? By that definition, I'm
an engineer...

I tried getting out of a that's-as-much-as-we-are-allowed-to-pay-tech-writers bind one time by arguing that I should be retitled a documentation engineer (it was a situation where that would have been a reasonable thing to do). The project manager pointed out that there are state regulations in New York that govern who can have "engineer" in their job title, and that therefore he would not be able to accommodate my request. I assume this varies from state to state, but it's something to keep in mind.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com