Re: What to do?

Subject: Re: What to do?
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:37:20 -0500

Chuck Martin wrote:

"Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net> wrote in message news:218021 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-
The
project manager pointed out that there are state regulations in New York
that govern who can have "engineer" in their job title, and that
therefore he would not be able to accommodate my request. I assume this
varies from state to state, but it's something to keep in mind.

Don't laws such as those cover only jobs the do state work? If so, perhaps
that was an effective straw man erected by your former manager.

It wasn't a strawman erected by the manager. It may have been a strawman erected by the company. My understanding, though, was that it applied to more than just state contractors.

If not, perhaps we've found a new purpose for the STC.... :)

I'd strike "new" from that sentence ;-)

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com