Security Clearance

Subject: Security Clearance
From: Steve Hayhurst <shayhurs -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:07:10 -0800

Morning all:

I went over to the Job Expo in Bellevue yesterday and came away with a question.

I originally posted it to one of the agencies I use a lot, but they didn't know the answer, so I will toss it out to the group.

After getting prescreened to even go in and talk to the companies who were attending, I found out that unless you had an ACTIVE Security Clearance, the list of 15 companies attending got whittled down to five.

So, the questions:

1. Can you get a Security Clearance even if you do not have a project requiring one?
2. If so, is there a limit on the security level (AKA, Secret vs. Top Secret)?
3. Is there any value add to doing this if you can?
4. If you do it acquire one, does it expire?
5. If it expires, what is the renewal process?

I still came away from the five companies with three "successful" (definite interest/worth immediate follow-up) interviews, but some of the other ten were interesting to me as well.

TIA

--

Steve Hayhurst
-----

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com