RE: Improving writers' efficiency?

Subject: RE: Improving writers' efficiency?
From: "David Locke" <dlocke -at- texas -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:54:28 -0600

You can also go back to the notion that simple is hard to achieve. We could
think less and produce more words or more pages, but is that what we are
paid to do? I something is well written, but took longer to do, yet reduced
the amount of time it took to understand the text to next to nothing, who is
more efficient?

When we solved the text variable problem, and the header and footer problem
before Robo provided headers and footers, we cut our effort down from a week
to two days, these were real improvements in efficiency. Solving these
problems did not change the way we wrote the help, nor how we published it,
but definitely helped us get done much faster.

David Locke

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com