Re: PDF resumes for tech writing gigs (was: T-letter, a good, good, thing.)

Subject: Re: PDF resumes for tech writing gigs (was: T-letter, a good, good, thing.)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 07:08:16 -0800

It's common practice for recruiters to delete your direct contact information
from your resume and replace it with their own, so that their client companies
can't take the resume they receive from the recruiter, contact the candidate
directly and tell the recruiter, "Oh, him/her. We already have that resume on
file. Sorry, no commission for you."

Gene Kim-Eng