Re: Is this too Offensive for a manual?

Subject: Re: Is this too Offensive for a manual?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:03:46 -0800 (PST)

--- Claire Philpott <claire -at- edams -dot- com> wrote:
> target audience of users who are responsible for
> managing meter readers.
> There are some phrases used in reference to the
> meter readers that make me balk at including them.
> For example:
> Arising from incompetent, lazy or crooked meter
> readers...
> ...reward performance and punish incompetence.

I'll admit, those are strong statements. But, know
your audience. Those statements might have been
originally made in support of a tightening on
management to really monitor the activities of the
meter readers. Check your history on this first and
talk to the project lead and other involved people on
your end. There might be a very valid reason why such
strong statements are in there (again, possibly to
reinforce a tightening on meter reader monitoring).

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com