RE: Web site personalization

Subject: RE: Web site personalization
From: sheherazada -at- abv -dot- bg
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:13:33 -0700

Research is a great thing! We only have to be careful to do it right. If
we fail to do this, the results will be biased by our mistakes.

I agree with almost everything you said. The only thing that I was trying
to mention is that knowing your audience and its needs is essential (as in
any other kind of documentation).

I never said that *most* web sites can benefit from personalization, but
there are those that can and should use it. (This is the place where
further research is needed.)

Adding more information (or in this case functionality) in a document is
not better than insufficient one -- I agree with this, but why are you
trying to persuade me that if in most cases some information is excessive,
there is no cases at all where it is effective?

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com