my meeting with employer

Subject: my meeting with employer
From: "G. Abenhaim" <g -dot- abenhaim -at- nhc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:57:47 -0500

Hi,

I found my meeting bizarre today so I want to get some feedback to see if
this is normal. It was an hour meet for a tech writing position.

The first 20 minutes was a translation test from English to French (not a
Translation position???)). The rest of the time was Q/A. about my skills, my
cv and all. He then told me that the job consists of 3 months, 3 projects
and about a ton of documents to edit, write and maintain. I told him that 3
months would never be enough for so much work. There is no training and no
company overview once you are hired. You go straight to the writing. Now,
what is that upsets me, is that they are unrealistic. He also mentioned that
I am not the first person to say that 3 months for 3 projects is impossible.

/G

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com