Re: update all styles in Word 2000?

Subject: Re: update all styles in Word 2000?
From: Parul Agarwal <parulag05 -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- in>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 06:11:09 +0000 (GMT)

--- David O'Brien <OBrien_David_P -at- cat -dot- com> wrote: >
> Does anyone know how to update all formatting in a
> Word document to that
> defined by all the styles in the attached template?
>
> e.g. when I attach a template and select "Update all
> styles automatically", it
> doesn't appear to work properly. If I then go into
> the document, search and
> replace on Style_X, the formatting is correct. I
> don't really want to do this
> for every style :-(

Hi David,
As per my experience in Word, I have come to the
conclusion that Word does not update styles on its
own, even if you check the box in the 'Styles
Definition' which says to 'Automatically Update' the
style.

The only solution to this, which I see, is a manual
update.

HTH,
Parul

Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com