Re: : webworks...final point

Subject: Re: : webworks...final point
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:36:38 -0800 (PST)

I think what most folks are surprised at is that someone might have email access without web access included with the account.

However, I agree that at least a few seem to be extraordinarily crotchety today!

I have never understood the mindset of those who are too timid to "hazard the derision and scorn" of mail lists when they can get so much from contributing--even if the result is to criticise, it is often a very efficient means of learning. I think that those who would think in terms of "derision and scorn" may be overdramatizing things a bit as well--after all, it's only bits and bytes that can be easily deleted!

But then, I already know I am occasionally foolish, so it is simply not too bothersome to have others point it out from time to time!

Although Grace has not said, I would imagine that if she has her own dialup account for email it may well be through a very slow link which makes web browsing somewhat painful. For any so situated, if you're stuck in Windows I recommend adding a second browser to your system--either Opera or Mozilla Firebird, both of which are *much* faster than Internet Explorer with any given connection. Otherwise, a Linux or UNIX system is faster still--but that is obviously a topic for another day.

David

-----Original Message from Nancy Bush <Nancy -dot- Bush -at- insurity -dot- com>-----

Hurrah for Grace and the come-back! For those needing some enhancement in the grace and charm department, it is exactly that kind of arrogant nonsense that keeps newbies lurking rather than hazarding the derision and scorn too often apparent on this list. There are folks with legitimate questions who don't have Grace's chutzpah.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com