Re: Robohelp for framemaker

Subject: Re: Robohelp for framemaker
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:03:46 -0800 (PST)

I have, though, honestly, not as much as I need to
(yet) to give it a really fair go.

I've used WebWorks Publisher Pro for years. I find
RHFM to be a good first release, and it adds some gui
wrappers to things WWP should build in ... but RHFM
feels like a version 1 product and, at its heart, it
really doesn't bring anything significant to the table
that WWP doesn't already; and WWP is a pretty mature
product.

I would add, it's probably a version-1 thing, but I
used to think WWP was slow, with lots of needless
scanning of source files. RHFM is much, much slower,
even on moderately-sized projects.

Still, if you are sold on the eHelp and/or RoboHelp
brand name and have been putting up with regular
RoboHelp for use with FrameMaker content, and you
cannot bring yourself to use WebWorks Publisher Pro,
then RHFM is much better than your current RoboHelp
solution, much. RHFM is a much better product than
regular RoboHelp for FrameMaker content.

--- Janice Bushe <jbushe -at- wennsoft -dot- com> wrote:

> Wondering if anyone has used this product? Looking
> for any feedback.

=====
T.

http://search.yahoo.com/top2003