Acrobat 6 and Word TOCs/indexes

Subject: Acrobat 6 and Word TOCs/indexes
From: Steven Jong <SteveFJong -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L Digest <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 11:12:38 -0500

At work we use a melange of Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows NT systems, running Word 2000. We've recently upgraded to Acrobat 6. Since then, we've noticed that we can't get either bookmarks or linked TOCs and indexes in the PDF files we generate. Several of us have poked around, and though we can see settings that purport to control their generation, they're not working.

Is this a known problem? Can someone suggest a resource that describes a solution?