Re: Best technical writing of the season

Subject: Re: Best technical writing of the season
From: Tom Galloway <tyg -at- panix -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:15:25 -0500 (EST)

>The instructions are clear enough for a kid who is seven.

Which reminds me of Freedonia President Rufus T. Firefly's* comment on a
piece of writing (from memory);

"[loudly to a group of Cabinet ministers] Why, a six year old child could
understand this! [sotto voce to an underling] Go get me a six year old child;
I can't make heads or tails out of this!"

(* Groucho Marx in Duck Soup)

Always write to your audience.

tyg tyg -at- panix -dot- com