AW: Linking from an application to a PDF

Subject: AW: Linking from an application to a PDF
From: "Ternes, Andreas" <aternes -at- invitec -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:03:40 +0100

Hi Dan,

you wrote:
---
Why "instead of launching Win/WebHelp?" Why not use an online help
application? PDF's a wonderful, cross-platform doc-printing format, but it
is not a floor wax, a dessert topping, or an online help app -- at least not
by design.
I apologize for not answering your original question, but perhaps I asked
the question that should have preceded it.
---

Sure you are right when you say that using an online help application is the
better choice.
But in some cases it might be better to have a pdf "online help" instead of
having nothing.
We are in a similar situation. We do not have the time and manpower (at
least not at the moment) to develop an online help for our software
application. That's why we use pdf at the moment, too.
And the possibility to link to a certain page in the pdf when calling help
would be an improvement.

Maybe the original poster is in a similar situation.

Greetings from Germany

Andreas Ternes

INVITEC GmbH & Co. KG
Düsseldorfer Landstr. 17