Re: Framemaker Questions

Subject: Re: Framemaker Questions
From: techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:49:10 -0700

About the headings, it really doesn't matter much. In the structured
environment, you probably won't want the word "heading" at all. Certainly,
you don't want to use "specific headings," instead you'll want to use
"container descriptions," like "section." So, if I were you and had your
choice, I'd be more general with my headings.

It seems to me that tables are an exception to FrameMaker's otherwise
great handling of structure. You are going to have some fun with those in
structure, so just be consistent in your unstructured approach.

I would strongly recommend--strongly, this will save you, your co-workers,
and your employer time, money, effort, and rework--that you get training
on structure as soon as possible, and perhaps skip the unstructured step
if it's not permanent. Checkout http://www.frameusers.com for the info
from the last FrameUsers conference, there was a structured-FM track there
and you can find many resources for training in that material.

I don't understand the TOC question, but this will be an unstructured doc
in the structured environment anyway, so don't worry about it.

====

T.