Re: Changes to IE scroll bar operation

Subject: Re: Changes to IE scroll bar operation
From: Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>
To: techwr-l
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:56:48 -0800

Goldstein, Dan wrote:

This is *not* an invitation to open an MS Flame session ....

That's be pretty redundant, wouldn't it? :) MS bashing aside, it's pretty strange that this bug has been out there as long as it has, without any official acknowledgment. Bugs like this usually rate at least a knowledge base article.

I'd uninstall the patch and risk the security hole if I could -- this bug is *very* irritating. But I installed the patch at as part of one of those cummulative updates, so it's not in my list of uninstallables. A fix bloody well better be in XP SP2, which is in beta now.

--
Isaac Rabinovitch
Unemployed API Tech Writer