Re: Interesting site for software tech writers

Subject: Re: Interesting site for software tech writers
From: Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>
To: techwr-l
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:25:23 -0800

Guy K. Haas wrote:

What does YOUR organization say about humor?

Never mind the organization. Humor has no place in a technical document. When you're trying to figure out some comlicated spec or understand some knotty technical problem, the last thing you want to read is a joke, even if it's not from some geek whose sense of humor is probably a lot different from yours.

In general, Spolsky is at the top of my overrated list. Stuff I've read by him is full badly reasoned arguments and brainless truisms. He doesn't even understand software technology all that well.