can you recommend a search tool we could attach to our html documentation?

Subject: can you recommend a search tool we could attach to our html documentation?
From: "Elizabeth OShea" <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:01:48 -0000

We have extensive html documentation for our router product, which is
provided on CD. We use Dreamweave to produce the docs. Currently there is no
way to search it for a word or phrase. This results in increased calls to
our help desk because people who are new to the product don't know how to
find options in the router web. They can't search the documentation to find
the location of the feature or option they're looking for! I think this is a
great flaw in our docs.

Can anyone recommend a good search tool that we could add to our html docs
to enable customers to find the information for themselves? I found nothing
on this in the archives, unfortunately.

elizabeth

Elizabeth OShea
Documentation