Re: How to print a CHM file with the TOC?

Subject: Re: How to print a CHM file with the TOC?
From: "Andrea Brundt" <andrea_w_brundt -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:36:15 -0500

Hello Abhijit,

I'm assuming you do not have the source files from which the CHM file was
compiled. You can't print the contents of the TOC pane without the source
files.

One option is to decompile the CHM file with a utility like Helpware's FAR.
The extracted HHC file is your table of contents. The HHC file contains the
topic titles and structure, but they're embedded in some unfriendly HTML.
However, I think FAR can print an HHC file.

Visit www.helpware.net/far for more information about FAR, and a free 30-day
trial download. I'm not affiliated with the company -- I've just lots of
success with their product.

Good luck!
Andrea