RE: Missing the point

Subject: RE: Missing the point
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:19:23 -0500

It isn't "a bad thing" that the TOC picks up manual formatting when you want
it to, as in the example you cited.

However, if you don't want your formatting picked up by the TOC, the proper
solution is to use character styles. I thought it was funny that the MS KB
suggested three separate workarounds, without even mentioning character
styles.

Dan Goldstein