RE: What I want to say....

Subject: RE: What I want to say....
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:35:29 -0800 (PST)

Good point, I see where you are coming from, maybe we
have a similar viewpoint ...

--- John Posada <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com> wrote:

> >When I go to a new job, everybody has my
> >respect until proven otherwise; everyone.
>
> ...and that changes, for the good or bad, the first
> time each of them
> opens their mouth in your presence. How much respect
> do they keep, in
> your eyes, when they tell you on the first day
> "You're wrong and I'm
> right because I say so."

If they say, "you're wrong and here's why I think so,"
and open a discussion and there is a willingness to
listen and respect on both sides, then all is well. I
can be wrong, but I do have opinions based on
education, experience, and training in my profession
... so a discussion is good.

If they say, "you're wrong because I'm a supervisor,
suck it up" then they earn my contempt.

Right?

=====
T.