Re: white paper - let's try again.

Subject: Re: white paper - let's try again.
From: "Andrea Brundt" <andrea_w_brundt -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "Goober Writer" <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, <ilonakd -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:39:09 -0500

Goober wrote:
> Sure. Look it up in an encyclopedia. Or find a
> textbook about white papers and read up in that.
>
> So, sure... let's try again. ;) You asked, you got an
> answer. Now you have a lead. Follow it. After all,
> it's the nature of the profession to do so.

Ilona responded in kind:
"As annoyed as I get when people post "I'm too lazy to
do my own research, but I have time to complain when
people don't do it for me in the way I want" I'll
answer your question."

Ahhh yes, ever the helpful techwrlers.

Google for anything to do with white papers, and you get white papers.
Precious little _about_ white papers, just white papers. There's a tiny bit
of information about the history of the phrase in government circles
(including the word-detective article that Ilona so pleasantly quoted). And
that _was_ part of my question, but only part.

Regardless, if you're so goddamn annoyed, hit the delete key. Spare me the
condescending rants (unless that's also "the nature of the profession").

Useless tits. See ya.