RE: Am I asking too much of Word?

Subject: RE: Am I asking too much of Word?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 28 Jan 2004 21:17:17 GMT

Not with the default Word buttons. You can define custom
buttons and buttonbars in your template that will insert
text in specific styles using the STYLEREF field. When
the user clicks New and selects your template, a new doc
opens with a custom buttonbar and you define buttons like
"Insert Paragraph," "Insert Numbered List," etc., etc.,
and when the user clicks on one it inserts a new line
formatted in the style you want them to use.

The bad news is, beyond telling you this all I can say is
that my experiences doing this have always involved lots
of trial and error and screaming.

Gene Kim-Eng