RE: Myers-Briggs (the real thing)

Subject: RE: Myers-Briggs (the real thing)
From: "Garrett R. Winn" <garrett1 -at- garrettwinn -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:50:58 -0700

There is another book, "Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type"
by Isabel Briggs Meyers (Briggs was her mother, by the way). I have it
on my desk here at work.

It provides much of the same kinds of information as "Please Understand
Me", but also has some "data" that shows trends in type based on certain
types of people and professions.

For example, liberal arts-type students (which many tech writers are to
a degree - interested in literature and humanities) are typically NF
(highest is ENFP), but with more (percentage wise) as I (introverts).

Personally, I am an INFX (X meaning a well-balanced J/P), so I fit the
mold, so to speak, of a liberal arts person who is a tech writer.

My best guess (as a wanna-be Myers-Briggs authority) would be that INFP
types would have the highest percentage for tech writers, with INTP a
close second.

Cheers!

Garrett Winn