Re: Question about Word 2000

Subject: Re: Question about Word 2000
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:31:01 -0500

guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com wrote:
> She is running Word2000 on Windows 2000; I am running it on Windows 98.
> A page that she formats carefully on her system sometimes runs longer on
my
> system, so it spills to the next sheet

Make sure you are using the same printer drivers. Different drivers can make
subtle changes in font metrics and layout, especially when you are doing a
very tight layout (due to rounding errors introduced by slightly different
or imperfect math).

I guess you can't legally install Acrobat on her PC... If you could, then
you could both compose to the PDF driver. But perhaps you could download a
free non-Adobe PDF generator. Or, both of you could compose to the generic
Adobe PostScript driver.

good luck

Mike O.