Re: Question about Word 2000

Subject: Re: Question about Word 2000
From: Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>
To: techwr-l
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:35:42 -0800

Guy wrote:

I've been using FrameMaker for 11 years or so, and I'm very comfortable with it. But I'm a rank rookie with Word.

My wife produces a newsletter. She asks me to convert it to PDF, because I have full Acrobat on my system.

She can go part of the way on her system, and that will eliminate her formatting issues. Just install a Postscript printer driver on her system. Configure it to print to file. This allows her to create Postscript directly from her Word document. Then take the Postscript file to your machine and feed it to Acrobat.