Stupid Excel XP Question

Subject: Stupid Excel XP Question
From: dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:05:39 -0500

I don't have Office XP yet, but a coworker does, and he asked me a very
simple question that has managed to stump me.

When he types a function/formula in a cell, the value is never displayed.
The function/formula continues to be displayed. So if A1 has "1" and A2 has
"1" and he types =a1+a2 in cell A3, you'd expect to see "2" displayed in the
cell. Instead, the formula stays there. No result!

Is there some weird setting that might have gotten changed. Something screwy
in XP that I don't know about? What? This one's crazy!

Dannette Thompson
Senior Technical Writer
dthompson -at- foundationsoft -dot- com

Foundation Software, Inc.
800-246-0800 ext. 213
The #1 Accounting Software for Labor-Intensive Contractors