Re: Style question: "war dial" vs. "wardial" vs. "war-dial"

Subject: Re: Style question: "war dial" vs. "wardial" vs. "war-dial"
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:42:23 -0800 (PST)

Good point.

I had assumed that as an implicit part of my reply (no foolish consistency). But then again, based on my own observations I probably should be more explicit. Thanks for pointing that out. :-)

--- Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net> wrote:
I agree with you, as long as we define the word _consistent_
intelligently. We don't want to encourage a foolish consistency.
So in this context, _consistency_ means that you use a given form
whenever the locution in question is performing a particular role in the
sentence. When it it performing a different role in the sentence, a
different form may be required.

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com