Re: Documentation and Bug Reports

Subject: Re: Documentation and Bug Reports
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:39:12 -0500

At 10:47 AM -0500 2004-02-04, John Posada wrote:

I asked what does the TechSupport/CustomerSupport
logging system show as problems that if the documentation had addressed
the situation in the first place, the call might not have happened in
the first place...[snip]...anyone else doing this as a routine part of
documentation updating, review, or development?

I did, at my last full-time gig. It took a lot of the burden off the developers (the company didn't have a formal tech support group), and made their customers and the account reps very happy.

I've asked about a similar set-up at several freelance clients. The reaction has been...weird. You'd think I was offering to kidnap and torture their first-born children.
<shrug>
Their loss.

--
K@
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting

585.820.4045
katnagel -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com

.