Re: Documentation and Bug Reports

Subject: Re: Documentation and Bug Reports
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: John Posada <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:52:42 +0000

Hi John,

Not quite so far as having the logging app installed to my machine, but I pay regular visits to the feedback forums for our Beta products to get ideas. I also post publication news on the Beta forums when I have docs updates and specifically ask for feedback on the docs as well. It does work.

Best regards,
Ant

John Posada wrote:

As part of this, I asked what does the TechSupport/CustomerSupport
logging system show as problems that if the documentation had addressed
the situation in the first place, the call might not have happened in
the first place.

It seemed that the question was comparable to lightning out of a clear
blue sky.

Within 2 days, the logging application was installed on my machine and
I'm able to analyze the reports for issues that could have been
addressed in the docs.

So, my question...anyone else doing this as a routine part of
documentation updating, review, or development?