Editing .pdfs - to do or not to do is the question

Subject: Editing .pdfs - to do or not to do is the question
From: "HSC Italian" <twins398 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:28:37 -0600

Our team is under new management and we have a new editor. We are in the process of getting an editing process into place. I've been a writer for well over a decade and in my expience the rule has always been this: "editing the .pdf of a document is not an option". The rule I am accustomed to is that any changes to the document are to done in the source file, ONLY, then a new .pdf is generated from the corrected source file.

The editing process that is being proposed is this, if a document has changes the editor can make the changes in the .pdf and at the same time the writer can make the changes to the source. Perhaps I'm old school and need to be woken up, if so, PLEASE tell me. This proposed process just seems risky and counterproductive.

ALL feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Heidi S. Colonna

Optimize your Internet experience to the max with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/