RE: Editing .pdfs - to do or not to do is the question

Subject: RE: Editing .pdfs - to do or not to do is the question
From: "Johan Hiemstra" <webmaster -at- techexams -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:06:24 +0100

I would say: don't. Keeping two version of the same doc in different
format, edited by different people, itself is not a sound idea. Apart
from the fact that editing a PDF is usually not very easy without
messing up the doc. I provide free e-books in PDF format, and was hoping
that editing PDFs would have become easier in Acrobat 6.0 Pro... it
didn't. Perhaps I lack the skills to work with Acrobat properly, but for
me it is ten times quicker to edit the word doc and generate a new PDF
than to edit the PDF 'and' the source doc.