Re: can you recommend a good book on the mysteries of Illustrator and graphic file formats in general?

Subject: Re: can you recommend a good book on the mysteries of Illustrator and graphic file formats in general?
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:45:42 -0500

Kat Nagel wrote:

<sigh>
What you need---and what many of us would kill for, for a wide variety of software applications---is a good, old-fashioned Reference manual. The kind of Reference manual that came with the mainframe and minicomputers that we pre-personal computer-era folks cut our teeth on.

<rant>
Remember them? [snip]
</rant>

Kat,

Remember them? I still have them! Before I responded last night about the ellipsis glyph being a recent development, I dug through my box of old System 360 manuals to find the pocket reference card that showed the EBCDIC character set, just to verify that the glyph was newer than that.

;-)

Dick

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]