Re: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver

Subject: Re: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver
From: "Eileen Neumann" <eileenn -at- the-wire -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:31:10 -0700

We've just bought Dreamweaver here, partly as a result of my posting a
question to this list. It's excellent. One of the best features for my
work is that I can load to the server with the click of a button. This
saves me time every working day. Another good feature is the support for
CSS. I can apply a style with one click. It's also easy to flip between
multiple open pages in DW.

The split screen editing is also helpful, as previously mentioned.

The specific software that's best will as usual depend on what you need it
for and how much you use it. Someone who doesn't publish frequently won't
care so much about ease of loading, for instance.

Can't help you in evaluating GoLive. Oh, and if you go for DW, the manual
that comes with it isn't great. I got it but immediately went out to buy
another.

Eileen Neumann
Toronto