Solution: Webworks Professional 2003 and Javadoc Problem with GIFs

Subject: Solution: Webworks Professional 2003 and Javadoc Problem with GIFs
From: "Ellen Gorlow" <egorlow -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:20:23 +0100

Here is the solution to the problem we were having two weeks ago with
Webworks Professional 2003 for Framemaker and Javadoc. Hopefully this
information will help others. There is a dearth of accessible information
in the internet on this topic.

The problem was that after using Webworks to convert Framemaker files to
html, the GIF images were oversized/huge/too big.

In Webworks in the Style Designer there is a Graphics tab that is
intended to be used to change the resolution of the images. However, when
the graphic style "GIF" was selected, changing the Resolution/Scale% had
not effect on the size of the images in the html files.

We found out that Webworks only supports the graphic stye "Default" for
images in Javadoc Help projects. With this setting, we can change the
size of the images by changing the Resolution/Scale%. We can also choose
a Scale% for thumbnails. The quality of the reduced images is adequate
for our needs, since we are using thumbnail images that users can click
on to see the full size image.

--
Ellen Gorlow
Brander Str 59