Re: Quality

Subject: Re: Quality
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:26:05 -0500

Michele Davis wrote:
> I'm looking for a book on Quality. I own "Establishing a System of
> Policies and Procedures" but I need a book that goes into audits and
> procedural formats for various different certifications, and things like
> Pareto diagrams. I'm having trouble finding what I need, does anyone
> have recommendations? Thanks! Michele

Try googling for TQM...

A while back I took a continuing-ed certification in TQM at my local
university. We used this textbook:

Total Quality Management, by Joel E. Ross. 1995. ISBN: 1-884095-08-5.

I have no idea what the current publication status of this book is, but it
is pretty good for the diagrams and basic practices. Actually, the early to
mid-90s were sort of the heyday for TQM as a buzzword, so books from that
era should be useful.

Mike O.